Saturday, December 1, 2007

Miss Bondi 2007

So its a known party in Bondi Beach for the annual Miss Bondi competition. It was supposed to start at 1PM...I got there around 1:30PM, but the place was dead. Unlike the US, when it rains at the beach, people do not hit the bars. I went back at 3:30 and the place had grown to 200 people or so. The pictures don't really do justice, but you're probably sitting at a desk right now at work reading this, so what else do you have to do?

A couple things of interest. In this picture, any time the girl on the far right exhaled (which was about once every 4 minutes)...her belly button would pop to an outtie, just like if you were to stick out your rolled tongue. It was freaky.


The other funny part was every girl had to answer 3 questions,

"What is your favorite part of your body?"
"What is your favorite food?"
"What is your favorite thing about the beach?"

It was pretty clear these girls had no coaching because all but 1 of them had the exact same answers. For food...'Chocolate', and about the beach, 'Boys'. The only funny response that provoked a major crowd response was when the girl on the right was asked her favorite body asset.

She replied, "My boobs because they cost $10,000." Haha, I was like, 'Good job...and now you're in a contest where the winner gets a free beach towel.' Actually, a former Miss Bondi winner ended up winning Miss Australia and then Miss Universe in 2004 (Jennifer Hawkins)...so I guess there is still that dream. I don't know, most of them on Saturday wouldn't have even cut it as hand models. Haha, wow, I sound so pretentious. But lets be honest, with as much time as I spend at the gym working on my physique, I certainly am in a spot to judge. Plus, they're on stage to be judged. I actually have started working out here, its pretty easy with this backdrop. My goal is to get my biceps over 4 inches in diameter. I'm gunning for you Pete Rogers. Anyway, the finals are next Saturday so I'm sure you're dying for the outcome of that. Later mates.

No comments: