Saturday, December 8, 2007

Mayweather/Hatton Fight.....


So one of the local bars had the big fight on all their big screens. To my surprise, there were hunderds of people, the bar was super-packed, and it was rowdy as all hell (The Hatton song and God Save the Queen was going off routinely pre-fight). The fight went off at 4PM Sunday here. I went into the fight rooting for Hatton...as was 99% of the bar, but when the bar decided to boo the US national anthem, I instantly began pulling for Mayweather. And it worked out because I walked away a winner. There's nothing that beats winning, and Lord knows I don't experience this feeling much with DC sports. What a nasty left hook though. I know even before Hatton spoke his first words post-match he was gonna wine about Mayweather's elbows and hands, but he said it best, 'it isn't a tickle fight.'

So the bar cheered for every single celebrity except 1. Any guess of who? Will Farrell, Beckham, Bruce Willis, Brangelina....all huge cheers, then ....... Mario Lopez....crickets. Haha. I wonder if the cameraman lost his job for showing him. Seriously...who cares about AC? Although I've always wanted to buy one of these.

On a side note, I really need to bring my camera to the beach. I was laying out today and looked over to see this elderly Asian man chasing his umbrella which was rolling in the wind. Now this fella was about 50 years old, was wearing a black thong, and was wearing a clear, plastic, shower cap. Pretend you had to balance 2 eggs on toothpicks and run down the beach...this is how this guy ran. He caught the umbrella just next to where I was laying...and when he reached down to grab it, all the newspapers and loose bread in his hand fell out and started rolling down the beach. So then he's running down the beach (with the umbrella fully extended) chasing the papers. And as we all know, chasing paper is impossible. As soon as it stops and you bend over, it takes off again. At this point, 60% of the beach is watching this show. I am still BAFFLED as to why he has the shower cap on. I stopped the papers and as he reached to grab them from me, loose bread fell out of his hand and into the sand. He naturally picked up the bread out of the sand and I saw him eating it later. This guy. OH MAN. I really am sorry I don't have video of this because my descriptive explanation cannot do justice. And it's not like I was laying out near the ocean...we were back probably 50 meters from the ocean near the wall....so why the shower cap STILL?! Hopefully he'll be there next week and you can judge for yourself.

1 comment:

JD said...

Oh man. Best story of the week so far. That was hilarious.