Saturday, December 1, 2007

Asians + Beach = Hilarity


So I finally got to hit the beach. It only took 6 days (2 of which it rained and the rest was working). I feel my blog has become a bit of a 'bash' blog, but it's just too funny to let these findings go undocumented. Today (Sunday) the beach was super-busy. They were having the "Life Guards Competition"...which is a 3-day ironman competition for life guards of all countries. The Australian teams absolutely destroyed everyone. I didn't see any Americans in the competition but having seen the ones in Dewey, OC, and even San Diego...they would have stood 0% chance.

As for the beach, it had everything. Speedos (some reallly nasty ones), topless girls, surfing as far as you could see, and some unbelievable people watching. My favorite had to be this group of about 8 Asians next to me. Ok, so not to offend any of my Asian friends, this could have easily been a group of Irish people and it would have been equally funny! :-) However, most of the Asians stay up top by the pavillion and snap photos, but this one brave group decided to rough it down in the dirt. They were all fully clothed: 2 guys were wearing black slacks, another black jeans, and another capri pants (all long sleeve shirts), the 3 or so girls were wearing dresses that went head to toe with hats (and they never took off any clothing). Then they set up their umbrella. Oh man, video of this would have won me thousands of dollars. All 8 of them were huddled underneath this umbrella like it was raining nails. I'm pretty convinced they don't sell any suntun lotion in Asia under SPF 75. They stayed like this for hours...they didn't seem at all comfortable, but they definitely were enjoying the fact that they made it to the beach. Well, at least they didn't get burned like me. Those damn spray lotions are tough to apply on the reverse side.

I got a new flatmate today who's just my style...going out and good times. He told me that the apartment we're living in now is owned by Jack Donovan, a famous Australian actor who is the equivalent of David Hasselhoff to America (including the laugh factor). He got publicly dumped by Kylie Minougue so that surely didn't help. Sweet pad though for sure.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Muscle Beach" -- so let's zoom in on the locals --- look's like you are getting acclimated pretty well. Dad

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure the fully clothed asians are writing their own blog right now about how they were on the beach and saw an 6'3" albino ethiopian using spray lotion and swimming in a size XS Arenas jersey.

Anonymous said...

Easy on the Asians EWOLDT!