Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Years Mates....


So the new years party in Sydney is the bomb. I ended up spending it with my old flatmate Allison, her 2 friends in town, and Sean (the guy whose room I lived in for those first few weeks) and his girlfriend. We went to the harbor bridge to catch the 9pm fireworks, first buying all the most annoying things we could find from the street vendors, then hightailed it back to the beach for the big Groove Armada party on Bondi Beach. I avoided a near disaster early in the night when a female cop on a horse freaked out and accused me of throwing a beer at her horse. Ten cops swarmed and threw me against the wall. I was like, "How did I throw a beer at a horse when I am holding a full can of beer?" The cops after 10 minutes or so realized I was right and let me go. They had the COPS cameras there and about 35 people stood to watch this show. Or maybe they were all just looking at my bling...who knows. It was all good though. I wasn't at all drunk at this point and that got diffused, however I suffered a major casualty in that my hat was taken away. Not a big deal considering, though the cops gave me my beer back. After a brief dance off on in the street, which I won of course, we headed to the beach. It was just a massively good time. Here's some video of the new years party...10,000 people.

1 comment:

JD said...

I would pay money to see video of that dance off. Especially if you broke out any break dancing moves. Happy New Year, Man!