Saturday, January 12, 2008

New Address (again) & My Office

I have moved back into my original apartment, which is fantastic b/c I have 24-hour wireless internet, no roaches, and an ocean view again. I've decided to cut my trip short and am coming back most likely in late February. I'm planning a 7-day trip to fly up to Cairns next week and drive down the coast hitting all the beaches (and bars) along the great barrier reef. It should be splendid. I also am hoping to drive the New Zealand coast with my NZ friends here. We'll see if that happens or not. If that doesn't, then I'll probably either just go myself or plan a short trip to Fiji or the Outback.

So here are some pics of my office in North Sydney. A friend of mine who lives/works in DC used to work in Melbourne for WebMethods, and one of his co-workers (whom he is friends with today) started her own company, which is very successful here (it's an IT company with 60+ employees, about 25 or so in my office). After putting the two of us in touch, she was very gracious in giving me some cube space. It is definitely nice having a place to work b/c working from home is not really my style. I take the train over the Harbour Bridge everyday...so not a bad commute.

This is the view from my cube (13th floor).


My desk....


Office view behind me...

No comments: