Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back in Sydney



So all in all the trip was fantastic. Because my skydive got rained out, that meant my last day in Cairns I had to choose between the skydive and scuba diving out on the barrier reef. I went with the skydive. Man, what an adrenaline rush that was. Sitting on the edge of the airplane looking down then all of a sudden your tandem instructor just pushes you out. The first 5 seconds is like "Holy shit" but then once you stabilize, it is awesome. I did the 14,000 foot jump which equates to 60 seconds of free fall then 4 minutes of falling after the shoot opens. That is the actual view pictured above I had. I got to control the parachute handles once we were floating for a minute or so which puts you into some major spins. I didn't pay to have the DVD video which is what the extra guy above is doing...that was like $200 extra. Anyway, back in Sydney and back in the grind. Still working on getting all my pics and videos up...that should be another day or so.

I am totally getting screwed in regards to my old apartment. They are having trouble finding someone to take it which means I still have to pay rent on it...so I am paying for 2 apartments in Bondi Beach at peak season...sweet. What a waste of money...$300 USD week for that old one.

No comments: