Thursday, November 29, 2007

I am no longer homeless!!...temporarily

So with one day to spare until my hotel reservation expired (everything is sold out)...I got lucky and found an ad on craigslist for an apartment for 3 weeks. This is a PRIME-A apartment in regards to location. The dude is actually an American who moved here for 3 years ago for the summer and never left. He was actually the punter for Stanford which is kind of funny. By the picture it might be tough to tell, but he is straight and doesn't look too much like that pic anyway. haha. Anyway, it was good to talk to someone to help me out on where to go. For example, I never would have known the Ms. Bondi competition is this Saturday, who a former Ms. Universe won.

Anyway, the other 2 roomates, one is supposedly hooked up all over town so hopefully I can hit the town with some people and not be that tourist at the end of the bar crying in his drink. haha. Actually, a lot of the bars here have no bar stools so that makes it even worse. I've actually been too busy to go out yet anyway. I went down to my hotel bar Tuesday night for a drink and started talking to this one drunk dude who had an accent thicker than I have ever heard. Turns out he's from the Highlands of Scotland. I made the mistake of telling him that my grandmother was from Scotland to which "Ewww-en" (Ewan) replied, "Ah, ya ne'er beeen to Scootland? Aye, what r ya wait'in fur? GO HOME!! Your grand muver iz turn'in in hur grrrave! GO HOME!" At which point he left to go have a smoke, so I started chatting it up with some New Zealanders and about every 30 minutes for the next 2 hours I would just hear out of nowhere, "GGGO HOME!". haha, classic. here's some pics of my new digs. See the red dot for the location. I gotta be out of here by Dec 23rd but that should give me enough time to find another place.

Living room:

Bedroom:

Bedroom view:

1 comment:

me said...

For the record, neither your grandmother nor her parents are from Scotland. Maybe your great-great-great grandparents. But it does make a nice story. :-)